h1b transfer question (please help)

vssundeep1986

Hi ALL,

i am presently working with company A I have Got H1b valid till oct-2013 and i got an offer from company B and Company B applied for transfer in may 2012 and I checked the Status of my h1b transfer on oct 23 2012 and it says the case is approved and still i havent got my h1b Transfer receipt.

At present still i am working with Company A and my pay checks are getting run there.

1)Till when can i work with company A and what is the Time Frame to join company B?

2)If the Company B decides not to give job then can i still work with company A as i have not yet joined Company B?

3) Is the day on which i receive the Transfer Recipt of approval the day of My h1b Approval ?

4) if my company A has chanced its location and the new location is 5 miles away from my previous do i need to file lca ?

Thanks,

Sandy

1. No time bound, but employer B can revoke his petition if you do not join him.

2. Yes you can continue working for employer A.

3. Its the day when the petition is approved not when you received it.

4. (GET SECOND OPINION ON THIS) A LCA is valid if the employee work location is changed within the same Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). If nothing else (client, employer) is changed other than the address which falls in same MSA, you do not need to file either LCA nor amendment.

Archived