Got 221g New Delhi Client Letter

firsttimeh1b79

I applied for H1b for the first time and was excited about H1b stamping. The visa officer looked at my docs and asked for client letter.

He gave me a white slip (221g) in which Client Letter check box was ticked on the petitioner's side and Admin processing section was not ticked. He said once we get the client letter we will again review your case and make a decision. He also gave me an option of either keeping the passport with the consulate or taking it back with me. I chose the first option.

I searched a lot on the internet but could not find people who are getting 221g if they are first time application.

I request first time application to share the experiences.

I applied for H1b for the first time and was excited about H1b stamping. The visa officer looked at my docs and asked for client letter.

He gave me a white slip (221g) in which Client Letter check box was ticked on the petitioner's side and Admin processing section was not ticked. He said once we get the client letter we will again review your case and make a decision. He also gave me an option of either keeping the passport with the consulate or taking it back with me. I chose the first option.

I searched a lot on the internet but could not find people who are getting 221g if they are first time application.

I request first time application to share the experiences.

Client letter is mandatory for h1b visa interview. Attending in the interview without all the req documents will be a foolish thing.

Client letter is mandatory for H1b if you are working under EC or EVC model. Hope your are in india and working for one of those MNCs like infosys etc. Please check with your employer again. as far as i know employer gives the client letter to you and you have to submit it to the consulate. and good luck

Archived