Travel to India after H1B transfer

F1OPT2H1B

Hi all,

I am employed with company 1 now and I have got an offer from company 2 and H1B transfer process in progress.

I have a valid visa stamp on my passport with company 1 name on it valid until March 2014.

1. Once I get my H1B transfer approved I am planning to travel to India immediately before joining the new company 2. Do you guys see any issues with this?

2. Is it mandatory to get to visa stamping in India?

3. If NO, will I have issues at the port of entry?

4. I will be showing the new I797 from company 2 and Visa stamp on passport with company 1 mentioned on it right?

Thanks in advance

Thank you very much for your response rohang.

As I mentioned I want to travel right after my transfer approval. Once I come back to USA my old employer wants me to work with him for 2 weeks notice period and then relieve from duty.

1. Can I do this? I am concerned if this will be a problem since I will display my new I797 from my new employer at the port of entry though my visa stamp is for my old employer?

2. My understanding of H1 transfer approved is I will have 2 sponsorship and its my decision with which one employer I will work for? please correct me if I am wrong....

3. If above is true then can i still come back to USA and work for my old employer for the notice period and then join my new employer right?

Thanks a ton in advance

GR

Archived