Did any body got H1 B stamping in New Delhi .. Please advise ?

bs_our

I came to US 2 years back on L1 visa and then i change my status from L1 to H1. Now i am on H1 visa.

Note: I have 2 years USA exp and all my education from India (But i have education evaluation document from USA)

Since i have to visit India in Jan 2013, Just wondering how is the situation for H1 stamping at New Delhi consulate now, if condition is not good then should i go Canada for H1 stammping, since this would be first time H1 stammping beacuse i came to US on L1 visa.

Would change of status from L1 to H1 stamping could be done in Canada, or should i go to my Home country for stammping.

Please suggest me... If condition good then i would prefer India otherwise Canada.

@bs_our, not sure about stamping in Canada recently I read somewhere that they are limiting H1 stamping there for internationals only if you had a US degree, but then again it is what I read on a forum, so please check with the embassy in Canada prior to making the appointment there.

@ New Delhi or for a matter of fact at any embassy there should not be an issue with converting from L1 to H1 it is not something you did which is unique or out of this world, most L1 people do at some point convert to H1 if they had to stay for a longer period of time.

So I do not foresee any issues either ways if you have a clean case and H1 with a legit job in US.

PS: It is my personal opinion (not based on factual data) that one should always go to stamping in there home country if possible, especially keeping in mind the administrative processing which are taking longer time for stamping, you do not want to be struck in a foreign country rather be at home.

@Rahul Sharma - It has been a long time for me, but I was asked about nature of my job, and the company I worked for. For me it was a plain case, US education and OPT, plus 2 H1 all with the same company, so there was nothing more.

Basically if the stamping is for H1, and nothing looks fishy in your DS-160, then all they care about is if the job is legit and your are a legit person for the job.

The thing that I like about New Delhi is that, they do it like clock work, and if things go right your are in and out in a jiffy.

But recently I heard there are changes to the stamping process in India, so please check out the new process.

Good Luck.

Shandan ...Can you tell me what kind of question they will ask ?

My friend, H1B visa interview questions differ from case to case. Your are not attending any entrance examination to have a set of predefined questions.

The interview will be based on the documents which you/ your employer submitted for the approval. Go through all the documents.

@Rahul Sharma - Like rahul412 mentioned it is not an entrance exam so no one can give you sample question paper for an Visa interview.

The questions asked will be related to your job and your ability to perform the job function.

There will be no questions asked which you would not know the answers to, if you have an legitimate job and you are working on it. They only ask about the company profile, job function and your qualification which makes you a right fit for the job.

You handle the questions by answering them, being polite and brief, and only answer what is being asked.

Archived