EB Predictions for the rest of fiscal year 2013 - must read

Hey all - I read a pretty distrubing article from Mr. Oppenheim, published below.

http://www.****************

My question - I have a 485 pending case with USCIS since Dec/11. Does the PD affect my case for 485 approval. I am not certain as there are conflicting information on the internet.

please share your thoughts.

Regards

Sandeep

Especially depressing for Indian citizens -

EB-1. This category is expected to remain current throughout the fiscal year.

EB-2 China and EB-2 India. Unlike last year, where these two categories were anticipated to move forward dramatically, unfortunately, EB-2 for China and India are expected to move very slowly. Specifically, Mr. Oppenheim indicated that he expects EB-2 China to move forward by approximately 2 weeks in every month’s visa bulletin with a possible target of cutoff date somewhere in the second half of 2008 by the end of the fiscal year (September 30, 2013).

For EB-2 India Mr. Oppenheim indicated that very little or no movement is expected over the next months. The reason is simply the huge demand of EB-2 cases and the very small number of visa numbers available in this category. The high demand appears to be caused by the high number of I-485 cases filed by EB-2 applicants (and their family members) earlier this year and also the very high number of EB-3 India applicants who are now porting into EB-2 India. Mr. Oppenheim suggested almost no movement in EB-2 India with an absolutely best case scenario of having a cutoff date of late 2007 or early 2008 by the end of the fiscal year.

That is sad indeed...but who the hell is Mr.Oppenheim

"Mr. [Charles] Oppenheim is the Chief of the Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State. For many, he is simply known as the person responsible for the monthly and annual visa number allocations for family and employment-based green cards. He is also the person who prepares and publishes the monthly visa bulletin which is highly anticipated every month."

Any statement, report, announcement, interview, quote, article, prediction, etc. from Mr. Oppenheim will be accurate and very reliable, as he is the person in charge of setting the priority dates and the monthly visa bulletin. In fact, his are the only predictions out on the Internet that matter. The rest are guesses at best, no matter how methodical the underlying calculations.

Archived