H4 Visa Adminstrative processing Hyderabad

iyearn4uin

My wife attended H4 Visa interview at Hyderabad consulate on March 9th 2011(I was in US on this date).The VO officer has taken the passport and said my wife will get the passport with in 7 business days.My wife did not recieve her passport.

I had taken the appointment for my H1 visa interview at the same Hyderabad consulate and attended on March 28th 2011(My wife did not get the passport at that time). I was recieved 221(g) and asked to sbmit the client letter.On April 5th 2011 I submitted the client letter. And May 5th I recieved mail from the embassy to submit my passport.I sbmitted the passport and I recieved my passport with Visa on 12th May 2011.

Now also My wife did not recieved her passport.

Can anyone suggest what can i do now?

I also had a similar experience.

My Wife attended for the H4 Interview on May 23. Following questions were asked.

1) Where does you husband live in US ?

2) IS your marriage love or arranged ?

3) Did you pay any dowry ?

After she replied to above questions. The consular officer gave a white slip (221g) Saying your application is under

administrative processing, and told her to reply to the questions he sent to her email. The passport was not returned after the interview.

The questions asked in the email were very simple, asking about the spouse name, USA contact address etc.. We responded with answers and

hoping for the Visa to be approved.. Not sure how much time it will take.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sasikant,

No updates till now.

We do have a case number, but when we check the status the site still showing its ivalid case number. I don't know how long it takes to update the status there.

Apr 1st is more than 2 months now.

Did they asked any documents to submit?

If Yes when did you guys submitted them?

Thanks

Hi Shashikant,

Thanks for your reply.

So it took 2 months for them to show the status online??

For our case the online status still showing

"We were not able to identify Case"

This is the same message you use to get for these 2 months?? Please confirm.

I am going to mail VFS regarding the status today. Its really frustrating situation.

All the best for you.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I have attended my H4 renewal interview at Hyd and got 221 g white slip on my education and was required to submit an online questionniare along with my resume, transcripts, and publications if any. iam from Bio background and have Masters. They did not ask any thing regarding my husbands docs, retained my passport.No updates since then. Can you please advic me wats going on. And can you give updates on wheather you guys got your visas and in what time?? I would apprieciate your help

• 2 weeks later...

Me, my wife and daughter attended the interview on May 27th at Hyd Consulate. My self and my daughter got the passports, but not the wife. No case number nor no reply other than the generic message from VFS.

Please suggest any thing. Please reply if you guys got your passports.

Sasikanth,

I don't think such a option exist. For us its been 9 weeks. VFS site not even identifying my spouse case number. More over my H1 stamping is expiring. We are thinking of wait for another month and withdraw the application. We reapply again once my extension gets approved.

I read people suggesting to contact congressman might be helpful.

I also don't have any idea why consulate taking so much of time for H4. My H1 visa expiring in sept, My wife has a BTech Computer science degree and I work for a direct client through a mid size consultancy. I am assuming one of these three may be delaying the visa proceedings.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have an update from my side.

interview: june 14

type:H4 renewal

query:221 g white slip

doc requested:online questionnaire on my biodata(i have masters in biotech),resume,any publications or research references

submission date: june 16

response date july 11 (got an email and sms)

approved visa for 3 yrs collected from VFS

• 1 month later...

Archived