F1 to H1B but got I797B approval

rajkiranravula

Hello

I came to US in 2008 and this year my employer has applied for H1B (Currently on OPT ending July 2013). However, the petition was made as a new (Not as change of status) and the highest qualification is mentioned as Bachelor's. I got the petition approved, but, I don't know if there will be any issue while going for visa stamping.

Just want to know if there is any way that the petition can changed from I797B to I797A.

Will be really helpful if I get any answers.

Thanks

Generally, if an individual receives an H1B approval notice for consular notification, s/he must apply for an H1B visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate abrod and enter the U.S. in H1B status before s/he can begin working pursuant to the H1B. If the individual wishes to change status within the U.S. a new I-129 petition with a request to change status to H1B must be filed and approved by USCIS. The individual must be maintaining a valid nonimmigrant status at the time of filing the petition to be eligible for the change of status request.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I have a situation here.

I am on opt with expriation on dec 2012.

I have a employer and he applied for H1b regular process, when it was in process i went to India and came back and applied for premium process.

USCIS has approved it and sent a note that i need to go for stamping as i left country while processing the change of my change of status. They said i abandoned the request for a change of nonimmigrant status and the petition shall be denied

I got a I-797 C

my employer said as i am back in US he has applied once again I-129 for change of status. This is still in process. Do you what status i come under now??

can you guys suggest anything on this??

Archived