H1b 7th year extn PP - RFE - waiting

mitr

Hi,

my company applied for 7th year extention on Sep25th with Premium processing. I have 140 approved. We got an RFE on Oct 2nd. My company sent the documents within a week responding to the RFE.

My case been updated on Oct 12th stating, "You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response" .

I am not sure, why they are saying 60 days. Shouldnt they respond within 15 days of receiving the documents. Is that a generalized statement that they put for any RFE or do they actually mean they will respond within 60 days. If so, what is the point of paying for Premium processing.

My current I94 expired that's why it concerns me even more. Anyone who had a similar experience or any thoughts, can you please share some insight.

Thanks in advance.

@mitr: Just wait for one more week so that you will be completing 15 days. Then ask your attorney to call Customer Service and check the status. I have seen in some cases, when it's more than the normal time if employer/attorney calls to Customer Service and check the status, decision is being made quickly. So, try in that manner. Good Luck!!

Archived