H1b transfer with empty payslip

xatern

Hi

I am working for IT services company from past few months and I am regulary being paid and in status.But on oct 1st my contract with client got over.My services company told me that ,I am still on their pay roll, they will wait for a month for me to get a job.But I have to send a mail to them for "leave in absense", so that they wont be paying me , but I am still in status and on their pay roll.

They also told me , it is very much legal.I am searching for a job , looks like one company is interested in hiring me and told me that they will give out official offer letter on 18th of october.But I have to go through lengthy background verification , before they initiate transfer.I do have payslip from last month.But I am afraid that by the time , they finish background verification(they said ,it would take atleast a week and half) , it might be too late for transfer.

Now I know that , to retain h1b status , One has to be paid all days.

But what if a person is on unpaid leave?(my current company might give payslip with zero dollar saying that I am on leave)

So I am wondering whether this would cause any problem for h1b transfer?

Also in of my payslip, my employer has deducted $1000 , specifically mentioning that it is for taken as advance. Does it cause any problem in transfer?

Archived