H1b transfer case

mady2012

Hi ,

I have recently got a decent offer and my new employer is getting my H1b transfer in normal processing time. Not PP. As per my lawyer he says that you can start employment as soon they have receipt notice in your hand. I want to know how riskier is doing that as my current employer might revoke the petition as soon I leave them.Also my wife need to travel back country in next few months for attending some imp work and she is on H4. What can be impact of me joining new employer without approval notice in hand and probably how much time it can take to have transfer in normal process.

Hi ,

I have recently got a decent offer and my new employer is getting my H1b transfer in normal processing time. Not PP. As per my lawyer he says that you can start employment as soon they have receipt notice in your hand. I want to know how riskier is doing that as my current employer might revoke the petition as soon I leave them.Also my wife need to travel back country in next few months for attending some imp work and she is on H4. What can be impact of me joining new employer without approval notice in hand and probably how much time it can take to have transfer in normal process.

Just say your new employer that you won't work till the H1 is approved. What do you gonna do if something goes wrong with the new petition and if the current employer revokes your petition?

Archived