F1 to H1 B

F1toH1B

HI All,

I have entered in usa 6 yrs back on an F1 visa and never been out of country.Now i am on H1 B.Planning to go to canada for stamping.I got arrested for not swiping metro card through turnstile but going through emergency door.This happened just 2months after i am in usa i.e around 6yrs back.I didn't had State ID at that time(NO SSN).They took pictures and finger prints at that time and entered my name incorrectly in their record.I had to stay 12 hrs in jail.As i was convicted,judge has ordered 1 day community service in subway station.Now the problem is i need to take canada visa.Will i need to reveal the arrest for canada visa application form .If i get canada visa, will i have to reveal my arrest in DS160 form.(I think they entered my name incorrectly in their record).Please help me

Thanks Attorney_22.Also when it happened i didn't had my ssn,state id.my name is incorrect in their records.they didn't entered my first name correctly.Also i don't have documents related to this arrest.I lost the paper.Also i never had a problem for my job(as most of clients do background check).Do you still want me to reveal in DS 160 form ?

Archived