H1B Receipt Date is Before Application Processing Date in VSC (Regular)

HI,

I am on a H4 visa right now and my to-be employer filed my h1b petition at the Vermont Service Centre (VSC) on April 24th 2012 (receipt date).

My case still shows up as Initial review in the USCIS case status. But the I129 processing date for h1b COS in the US is now May 7th 2012.

So, this generally means my case is just ignored by USCIS or put on hold for some reason? I really dont know and very much confused/worried.

Now, my employer says that he will call USCIS next week, if I dont get my approval this week. I want to know whether calling the USCIS people (after reading some reviews in the internet similar to my case) regarding the pending case status, the chances of receiving RFE or a Denial is high and also chances of H1B getting approved for only 1 year is high.

Kindly help me with this situation, please........

Thanks,

Worried H1B petitioner

I' am in the same boat..

Mine is May 25th... VSC.. still in initial review.

have seen many approvals of june,and may1st week, 2nd week,3rd week..even.. 28th to 30th..

But dont know wats wrong vth 25th's...!!

Even there are lots and lots of approvals for the end date... june11th...

@trancycool: RFE atleast gives a hope that your case is being considered. Mine is in initial review for almost 6 months now.. Anyways I am planning to wait for this week, next week my attorney will call USCIS, if nothing goes right, then I will request my employer to convert the petition to premium processing..

@Sravyap: May25th sill a month below my date.. We need to wait..

God Save us!!!!

Archived