Urgent Help Needed Wife Stranded in India

srikab

My wife went for OFC in Chennai and they told that she has a issue with her documents.

This is the situation. My H1B was recently extended to 2015. My passport has visa stamping till Aug 2012(my first H1B). I've not gone to India since my H1 was extended, I have latest I797 but stamping on my passport is stamping is till Aug 2008 only.

In this scenario my wife has gone to India, she was told that my passport and I797 dates dont match so she cannot get stamping. What should I do here?

Should I go out of country get stamping and then she has to go for stamping or is there a way for her to get it without me travelling out(I don't want to because I don't have holidays!)

Please advice ASAP. Thanks in advance.

Your VISA expiration dates had nothing to do with her visa problems. VISA is for travel purpose only. You can stay in US even with your expired visa once you enter with valid visa. Your I-94 card must be valid for your stay. First thing you need to find out what dates the consulate is talking about. What are those dates in passport not matching your I797?

At OFC center they say that my passport's visa date and my latest i797 dates should match for my wife to get stamping. She in was exempted from visa interview because this was h4 extension. Problem now is I got stamping before I got my extension so my passport's visa date is not the same as my I797.

My question is should I get stamping before my wife gets it? Or is there a simple solution to my problem.

Thanks

Yes, I sent all information including my latest I797 copy and it was shown to VO officer but still they told the same thing over and over again!. Anyways I called my attorney and they are equally clueless with such a issue. I called up customer service center for visa office in India and they have requested me to send an email with complete info so that they can escalate this issue and hopefully resolve this. Will keep this forum posted about the outcome in the mean time, any I appreciate any advice on this!.

Thanks to all who have tried to help here!.

Archived