documents required by employer

Sai1913

Dear Members,

Lost job on H1 last year and I am back home. Now I have a new employer who transferred by H1.

Planning to go for visa interview(Old visa expired). The attorney in US want to me attend the interview only with new I 797 and the documents from my side, like education cert, work related etc,

My last interview with consulate in 2008, My previous employer gave a sealed envelope with bunch of documents.

I am confused why the attorney is asking to attend my interview only with new I 797.

Please advise me on documents required from new employer to get the visa done.

Thanks

every visa case is different. Sometime VO does not ask for a single piece of paper apart from your petition and sometimes they hand over 221g and ask for almost all the documents all over again.

797, I-129 and LCA are almost like "must" to carry. But supporting documents that were submitted to USCIS and paystubs (if applicable) should be carried. These day 221G takes long time so better avoid it (especially Diwali and Christmas are getting closer). If it is direct employee then carry HR letter mentioning your work address (that matches LCA) and roles etc. details. Offer letter, company website printouts. This could be limited list if VO wants a pile of documents. Be ready to face any question regarding documents. If you are lucky then just 797 (and/or I-129) and LCA would be enough.

Which consulate you are appearing for interview? All the best.

Archived