H1B transfer during H1B extension

Hi all,

I had question. I am working in company A on H1B and that company has filled my H1B extension. My H1B extension has not been apporved yet and USCIS website is still showing intial review.

Can I switch jobs and can another company file my H1B tranfer in between.

Thanks in advance for reading my post.

Any helpful suggestion are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Krishna

KrishnaReddy: You should be careful here, If you are in US and had applied for extension (from Project A & Company A) and your visa validity is expired. Company B usually doesn't accept to transfer the same H1B petition on which you are working for Company A unless it is approved by USCIS. Please check with your new employer or attorney to proceed further.

@krishnareddy2308@gmail.com:

As mentioned by Vamsi4u, it's true even you get H1B approval when filed as H1 transfer, it is very uncertain that you will get I-94 when your existing H1B extension is in process. So, it is always safe to get the existing one approved and then apply for H1B transfer.

I have seen very closely one of friend did this mistake and he didn't got I-94 when applied for H1B transfer while extension is in process with current employer. For that he have to leave the country and get visa stamped. He was stuck when he attended for visa in

Delhi consulate. Now he is no more in USA, he got settled in India as his visa got rejected.

@krishnareddy2308@gmail.com:

As mentioned by Vamsi4u, it's true even you get H1B approval when filed as H1 transfer, it is very uncertain that you will get I-94 when your existing H1B extension is in process. So, it is always safe to get the existing one approved and then apply for H1B transfer.

I have seen very closely one of friend did this mistake and he didn't got I-94 when applied for H1B transfer while extension is in process with current employer. For that he have to leave the country and get visa stamped. He was stuck when he attended for visa in

Delhi consulate. Now he is no more in USA, he got settled in India as his visa got rejected.

Archived