How the Priority Date works for EB2?

vjvibes

I applied my 485 application in July 25, 2011 however my priority date is 28th Dec 2006. can someone educate me how my priority date be treated for processing my 485 application? will it be considered ahead of all other 485 application that are pending with the PD later Dec 2006?

I saw some applications are approved with the PD later than Dec 2006 however their 485 already in pending status.

Country - India

PD: 28th Dec 2006

SC: TSC

Category: EB-2

485 applied: 25 July 2011

Thanks for your time & response.

• 3 weeks later...

The I-485s are adjudicated roughly in the order of filing. The I-485 case filed in July 2011 does not get bumped up ahead of I-485s filed in summer 2007 simply due to having an earlier PD.

They can only approve cases with current PDs, but they don't resort them for adjudication in PD order. They are supposed to be reviewed based upon filing date.

I-485s being filed at this time are generally moving through the system and getting approved fairly quickly. (Meaning 6 months or less.)

• 3 weeks later...

anyone know any relation between H1 extension approval and 485 approval as I'm due for both.

My EB2 status is current since June. I applied H1 extension 4 months ago with current H1 expired on 23rd Sep. I'm yet to receive any notification.

your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Archived