is it okay to submit affidavit instead of tax returns and wage report?

applying4usvisa

Hello,

I attended visa interview at Mumbai consulate and got 221g blue form. I have been asked to submit couple more documents at nearest VFS center in a grey envelope. My employer is refusing to give me tax return and wage report but instead offering me to give an affidavit that will prove legitimacy of employer and ready to show any information if USCIS officer visits company HQ. Does anyone know it this works? I know not providing asked documents would lead to delays/denial of visa.

I told my employer they can send the documents to consulate directly but no luck :-(

Please let me know.

Thanks friends!

That won't work.

For one, the Consulates are not USCIS, they are part of the Department of State. USCIS has nothing at all to do with visas.

It may be possible for the company to fax the requested information to the consulate. They should discuss this with a good immigration lawyer.

The consulates are part of the government. The company gives this information to the government already. Giving it to the consulate isn't any different.

Hello,

I attended visa interview at Mumbai consulate and got 221g blue form. I have been asked to submit couple more documents at nearest VFS center in a grey envelope. My employer is refusing to give me tax return and wage report but instead offering me to give an affidavit that will prove legitimacy of employer and ready to show any information if USCIS officer visits company HQ. Does anyone know it this works? I know not providing asked documents would lead to delays/denial of visa.

I told my employer they can send the documents to consulate directly but no luck :-(

Please let me know.

Thanks friends!

If your employer is not ready to submit the req documents to the consulate means

1. They are not willing to move forward with your application

2. Employer is not willing to provide tax returns to consulate, this is something suspicious.

In both the cases, the best solution you have is to find "good employer".

That won't work.

For one, the Consulates are not USCIS, they are part of the Department of State. USCIS has nothing at all to do with visas.

It may be possible for the company to fax the requested information to the consulate. They should discuss this with a good immigration lawyer.

The consulates are part of the government. The company gives this information to the government already. Giving it to the consulate isn't any different.

thanks for the reply.We discussed this with Murthy Law Firm (USA as well as India). Their attorneys told to submit whatever asked but my employer just doesn't get this. I told them to hire attorney or send it to consulate directly (mail or fax), but no luck so far. I told them to get in tocuh with Dept. of State and get info.

If your employer is not ready to submit the req documents to the consulate means

1. They are not willing to move forward with your application

2. Employer is not willing to provide tax returns to consulate, this is something suspicious.

In both the cases, the best solution you have is to find "good employer".

thanks for the reply. I am trying to look for another employer but these days it is super difficult to get one. If I find one will it be a visa transfer or new filing? should I ask my current employer to withdraw the petition?

As the employer to post the required documents on your behalf, so that you will not know all their financial info. If your company still dont want to submit it, then i think they have some grey accounts.. Affidavits dont work all the time. All the best

thanks for the reply. I am not sure if there is any problem with their accounts because they are willing to show anything to anybody from visa office if visited company HQ. Do you think going with affidavit and getting rejected would create problems for my future visa attempts?

thanks for the reply. I am trying to look for another employer but these days it is super difficult to get one. If I find one will it be a visa transfer or new filing? should I ask my current employer to withdraw the petition?

I don't know much about the transfer, particularly at these kinds of situation. Moreover no need to worry about your old petition, if you have got a new sponsor for H1.

Archived