H1B Extension

varunchadha

I had a H1B visa valid from Sep 2006 to Sep2009 for which i even travelled to US for 5 months. Now since my H1 is expired if i want to reply for H1 then would it go under quota that would start for next year or can i apply anytime as i already had an H1 visa. Can it be filled from India as i am currently residing in Delhi and for that do i need a job offer from a US employer.

Find an job/employer who is willling to sponser H1B for you.

Once you find an employer, your employer needs to file H1B .

After your H1B is approved, you need to apply for H1B visa from Indian Embassy.

Entering the U.S. on an employment visa may be described as a three-step process in most cases.

First, the employer files an application with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services requesting a particular type of category visa for a specific individual. If the employer's application is approved, it only authorizes the individual to apply for a visa; the approved application is not actually a visa.

The individual then applies for a visa and is usually interviewed at a U.S. embassy or consulate in the native country. If the embassy or consulate gives the visa, the individual is then allowed to travel to the U.S.

At the border crossing, airport, or other point of entry into the U.S., the individual speaks with an agent from U.S. Customs and Border Protection to ask to admission to the U.S. If approved, the individual may then enter the U.S.

If your employer.organization is not for profit, then those employers can file your H1B under cap exempt any time...

For more details about H1B and CAP/Quota .Please refer to below Murthy article.

http://www.murthy.com/2012/03/26/abcs-of-h1bs-getting-back-to-the-basics-of-the-h1b-visa/

Archived