New H1B petition fee question.

Burner2k

Hi,

I apologize if this question has been asked here earlier; I tried to search but I could not find any topics.

I have been offered a job by a company in the US. Unfortunately the company is small and they want me to pick up part of the tab for paying the petition.

I know preferably, the entire petition fee should be borne by the employer, at the same time I remember that legally the employee/candidate can pay part of the fee.

If I remember right, the candidate can pay for

1. Attorney fee
  2. Premium processing fee
  3. Part of the actual filing fee which can be paid by the candidate (not sure which part)

I am looking for details and official confirmation for the above. I would rather let go the opportunity than do anything stupid just to have a job.

I would appreciate if some cognizant with the above could confirm and also point me to any sort of official (USCIS) acknowledgement of the above. I have been searching for the above using all combination of keywords but yet to find any credible information.

I wanted to be aware before I speak to the company.

Thanks in advance,

- Burner

Legally the company sponsoring has to pay for the required fees for H1B processing. Premium processing fees is something you cannot force the company to pay on your behalf, so that is something which probably you can pay on your end, if you wish. But rest of it is company's responsiblity by law.

Thanks for the response.

So you are saying that attorney fee & premium processing can be picked up by me?

rgds

Generally, if an employer wants to sponsor you then they should take care of your application without involving you in the process( except submitting the req docs). If the employer says to pay any kind of fee for processing your application then that's illegal.

Archived