Successful stamping at Vancouver on Sep28 for EVC model

Appuser321

Hi All,

Atlast time has come for me to post my experience for H1B visa stamping at Vancouver. I am really thankful to this forum (following this forum since 3 months) as it helped me in preparing the interview and also helped me in getting some friends to share hotels and other expenses

Below are the details

Interview Date and Time : Friday, 28th Sep 2012 at Vancouver

1) Reached Vancouver on Thursday, 27Sep 2012 and stayed with 3 other friends (through this same forum ) at Empire landmark which is 1 km away from US Consulate

2) Got ready and reached US consulate on friday, 28th Sep 2012 at 8:30 pm (I had 10 am appointment but he allowed me)

3) after intitial security check , i was taken to 1st floor for submitting the Passport, H1 797 and passport size photo (they will give me one token number)

4) after wait for 10 mins i was taken to 20th floor

5) As soon as you enter 20th floor , go directly and stand infront of counter 3 for your 10 fingers print

6) After my 10 fingers print was done waitied for 20 mins and my number was called by counter 6

7) Below are the question asked by VO

ME: Good morning

VO : Good Morning

VO: Who is your employer and what do you do?

ME : Answered my emplyer name and told my job Title

VO: How long are you working for this employer ?

ME: answered

VO: Do you have client and if yes, who is your client and what does they do ?

ME: answered

VO: Do you have client letter

ME: Yes, i have a client email letter as my client company policy doesnt allow them to give client letter to contractors (VO was checking the Email print letter and was typing something in the copmuter)

(REMEMBER I AM ON EVC Model but he didnt ask anything about my prime vendor)

VO: How much is your salary ?

ME: Answered with salalry Per annum

VO: show me your pay stubs?

ME: gave him last 5 months pay stubs of my current employer (I joined my new employer 5 months ago)

VO: Why did you change so many employers

ME: I was working with the same client and employer for a while and want to explore new domain and new challenging roles

(I am on H1 since 2005 and changed 3 employers since these 7 years, was working for 3 yrs for my last employer. I joined my current employer 5 months ago)

This was the only question which felt was tough but i prepared for it and answered accordingly

Finally the golden words came, your visa is approved.

AS my interview was on friday, we had weekend so explored Vancouver (Stanley park) and North Vancouver (Horse shoe bay and Whister city (Olympic village)). Vancouver is full of islands and hills and its a very scenic place so dont forget to explore because u might not get chance again to come back to Vancouver for visiting. Also i and my roomates didnt get camera.So dont forget to take your camera. You will love the place

I got E mail on Monday evening from Loomis that my PAssport has been picked up. As soon as i read the Email , i booked the return tickets to US

I went tuesday morning to collect my passport and flied back to US on Tuesday afternoon from Vancouver

all my other 3 friends where EVC model and all of them where approved with almost same type of questions

Below are my analysis

1) All this visa interview is to check your Employer history. They already have full details about your employer.

2) Interview is very cool , for most of the people they are not taking more than 5 mins and again it depends case to case, if your employer is not having good track record then you might be asked with more questions

3)If you are in EVC or EVVC model always better to have client letter or client Email saying that they cannot provide letter according to the company policies

4) Take all required and non required document (i took around 500 pages worth documents), you might neverknow what might they ask you

5) Take atleast 2 passport size photographs with you

If you have any question, i can be reached at arkumaar at gmail dot com

All the best to all my friends who are going for H1B stamping and very special thanks to Murthy forum. This has be a wonderful 3 months journey

Archived