Delay in I-797 approval notice for H1B renewal

vishwa_84

My H1b renewal was filed on end of June, 2012 and I still haven't received my I-797 approval notice. My lawyers are saying it might take up to 5-6 months cause California service center is swamped with visa applications this year. I am planning to go to India in Nov first week. I am a bit concerned cause the I cannot book the visa appointment without the I-797 approval notice and also the visa application procedure has changed.

Earlier consulate used to open visa appointment dates 3 weeks in advance and with the new visa procedure I am not sure about this anymore. I am concerned that I might not get visa appointment dates for November or early December. I know that H1b premium processing is an option for me but I thinking should I wait till end of October instead of spending 1000$. I am actually confused as to what to do now.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Can someone please advice me?

I am in exact same boat. I submmited I-129 on June 28, 2012 & still not received approval. I was suppose to go to India in September....cancelled trip

Attorney says same thing....delay in California center

On July 31 they were handling cases recieved on May 14

By the way premium processing now is $1225 ..........not $1000....it's very expensive....as good as buying another ticket to India...I am not doing it..

Please post if you receive any more updates

Archived