H1B stamping Questions: New Procedure

ashown

Hi all,

Currently, I am working in USA on my H1B visa (1 year in). This December I going to India and will stamp my H1B visa (at Mumbai). I have questions about a new Visa process. Can you please shed some light on it?

- With previous process, people approaching Mumbai embassy had to go to VFS office to submit the documents. Do we still have to do it with new process?

- Online process says to pay the fee first, then fill in DS 160 followed by booking an interview date. However, you cannot create your account unless you have a DS 160 confimration no. So, I am assuming I would have to fill in DS 160 form first, create account using confirmation no. and then pay the fee ? Please correct me if I am wrong

- While creating my account, it asks for the state, address, and phone number. There are options of only India's state? But, since I am in US, what state, address and phone should I put?

- My Indian passport was issued in Chicago. So, I would have to put the passport issuance place as USA. Have anybody experienced similar problem?

Thanks in advance for all your inputs.

Thanks,

AM

Usual procedure:

Decide when you want to go

get approval from employer with all paystubs & letter that you are employed.

pay hdfc fee & take 9 digit number (you need this to take appomt)

buy ticket

take appointment online through VFS

Fill all DH forms

print list of dox requid and carry everything plus few extra you might think you need

before at least 3 working days (Also consider Indian & US holidays) of appmt submit listed dox to VFS

go to interview

party that night!

Archived