H1 Premium RFE no response even after 3 weeks

funky

Hi Guys,

I applied for my H1 in the month of May after waiting for 3 months..I changed it to Premium on Aug 10th and immediately USCIS put a query..I responded back to them on Sep7th..but still the status reflecting the old one(RFE related query)..it is not even updated to documents received..but when I talk to my lawyer she is saying it might take 16-60 days to process RFE and the documents were received by USCIS.

I am in a doubt now..can I contact USCIS directly based on the information on RFE document. Please advice me on this.

Thanks for reading this.

The clock for Premium processing window (15 business days) start when they receive the fees for processing that and acknowledge it. In case, if they ask a query on the 3rd business day after that, the clock stops there. It restarts only after they receive the answer for the query. Say you respond after a week, it still starts as 4th business day from when they receive your response. The lawyer is right, it may take a few more days than the committed time.

@funky: You cannot contact USCIS directly. Either your employer or attorney can call to customer service # and can ask them status so that in some cases the decision will be made soon after the call. I have seen this case with one of my earlier employer with California Service Center for premium case. Good Luck!!

Archived