Help needed with new VISA procedures for H1-B stamping in India

meera sharan

Hi Everyone,

My fiance is planning to get his H1-B stamped in India, Chennai consulate during November, 2012. He is filling his DS 160 form, but dint submit yet. I have few questions regarding the recently changed visa procedures-

1. Can we go for the finger prints and photos at Hyderabad consulate and Interview at Chennai consulate? If yes, how should we specify this request, i.e. either during blocking dates for visa interview or while filling DS- 160?

2. I am planning to go for H4 stamping too and go with him for interview process. So being now still unmarried, can we fill DS 160 together or do we need seperate DS 160 forms?

3. I came to know that HDFC is no longer processing visa fees and Axis bank does. Can we pay it online? Or can anyone help me which Axis bank locations in Hyderabad does that?

Can anyone please help me with the above queries?

Many thanks,

Meera.

1. Can we go for the finger prints and photos at Hyderabad consulate and Interview at Chennai consulate? If yes, how should we specify this request, i.e. either during blocking dates for visa interview or while filling DS- 160?

Yes you can go for OFC in one city and Interview appointment in another city. You have to specify the locations when booking appointments.

2. I am planning to go for H4 stamping too and go with him for interview process. So being now still unmarried, can we fill DS 160 together or do we need seperate DS 160 forms?

Every applicant has to fill DS 160 irrespective of the visa status.

3. I came to know that HDFC is no longer processing visa fees and Axis bank does. Can we pay it online? Or can anyone help me which Axis bank locations in Hyderabad does that?

Yes, you can pay online in http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/ when you enter all your information.

Yes you can go for OFC in one city and Interview appointment in another city. You have to specify the locations when booking appointments.

Every applicant has to fill DS 160 irrespective of the visa status.

Yes, you can pay online in http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/ when you enter all your information.

Archived