Help with new visa procedure

vishwa_84

I got to know that new visa application procedure is in place from Sep 26th 2012. I have meticulously gone through the website for information on my visa category (H1B) and I still have some questions.

I am renewing my H1B visa in November and I am also getting married in the same month. Hence, my fiancee would be applying for H-4 visa along with me after marriage. We are thinking of going to the consulate together at the same time.

Considering my situation I have some questions.

* I know that each applicant needs to pay visa fee and needs to fill DS-160. Should me and my fiancee fill the DS-160 before or after the marriage. I know that the DS-160 form asks details of spouse and the person travelling with you. So I am asking this question.

* I know that you need to now schedule two appointments. One for OFC and the other for consulate interview. Also you need to have DS-160 confirmation number before scheduling these interviews. Can me and fiancee use our different DS-160 confirmation numbers to schedule one interview for OFC and one interview for consulate for both of us? Or do they have to be different appointments?

* Do H1B renewal qualify for the interview waiver program?

Hope this info helps you.

* I know that each applicant needs to pay visa fee and needs to fill DS-160. Should me and my fiancee fill the DS-160 before or after the marriage. I know that the DS-160 form asks details of spouse and the person travelling with you. So I am asking this question.

If you fill DS 160 before your marriage, you can schedule appointments now itself for the dates after your wedding day. By this way you will save lot of time in your vacation period to India.

* I know that you need to now schedule two appointments. One for OFC and the other for consulate interview. Also you need to have DS-160 confirmation number before scheduling these interviews. Can me and fiancee use our different DS-160 confirmation numbers to schedule one interview for OFC and one interview for consulate for both of us? Or do they have to be different appointments?

After completing DS 160 for both of you, I believe when you fill your I-797 petition details in www.ustraveldocs.com/in it prompts you about dependents attending for visa interview with you. If so, you can enter your spouse name and other details as necessary. So in this way, you will need to book only appointment under your name as primary.

H1B never falls under interview waiver program. Pls think practically!!

Hope this info helps you.

If you fill DS 160 before your marriage, you can schedule appointments now itself for the dates after your wedding day. By this way you will save lot of time in your vacation period to India.

After completing DS 160 for both of you, I believe when you fill your I-797 petition details in www.ustraveldocs.com/in it prompts you about dependents attending for visa interview with you. If so, you can enter your spouse name and other details as necessary. So in this way, you will need to book only appointment under your name as primary.

H1B never falls under interview waiver program. Pls think practically!!

Archived