Port of entry Doubt !! Please help Urgent !!

kishanla

Hello Guys,

I recently got my H1B approved but unfortunately due to delay in 221G , I lost my employment with the client.

Now currently I gave few interviews, and one of them is shaping up nicely, they are now calling me for the last round of interview Face to face.

I wanted to know will there be a issue at Port of Entry if I try to go with the offer letter from my employer but not having client letter or project in hand.

Please help my clear my doubt

thanks,

Kishanla

Hi JoeF , I was actually trying to contact you. Thanks for the reply. Yes my employer will run my payrole even If i do not have a project.

So a Employement confirmation letter from my employer.. saying that he is our employee will do ? with my salary structure mentioned. will it be ok for me come in?

please advice.

Hi JoeF , I was actually trying to contact you. Thanks for the reply. Yes my employer will run my payrole even If i do not have a project.

So a Employement confirmation letter from my employer.. saying that he is our employee will do ? with my salary structure mentioned. will it be ok for me come in?

please advice.

Your H1B was sponsored by your employer. You see your employer's name on the petition and also on the visa stamp. Immigration officer at the POE doesn't care whether you have a project or not. Finding a project for you is your employer's responsibility.

At POE, officer want's to know why are you entering into US? If it is for employment, then officer may or may not ask for the proof( in your case, it will be employment letter).

Got it?

Thanks Rahul,

My employer now refused to give me an employement letter , saying that I should only travel once I have project in hand only then he will provide me with employement letter. :(

The reason why he is refusing to provide the letter is that, once you land in US with H1 status you need to be get paid every month whether you have a project or not. But now that you doesn't have project he is not willing to provide you the employment.

Just think practically, let's say that you somehow got a project when you are not physically in US and got the employment letter and everything went fine. What's the guarantee that your employer will pay you once that project has been completed?

If you say that they will pay you, then why they are ready to provide you the employment letter now?

My suggestion, find a new (I say real) employer.

Thanks Rahul,

My employer now refused to give me an employement letter , saying that I should only travel once I have project in hand only then he will provide me with employement letter. :(

In other words, he doesn't want to pay you while on bench...

Find another employer.

Archived