PERM Approved as Future employement , I had only 4 months H1

vspraju

Hi all,

My 6 years period on h1 is compelting Feb 2013 (canot get more that this) My current employer is not doing GC process , another employer applied PERM on Jun 2013 as future employement and approved. What are my option i have ..

1 Planing to apply H1 Tranfer with new employer who filled PERM , once H1 approved then Joining to new employer. Can i get H1 extention beyond 6 years based on PERM approval.

2. Or I will get H1 perion only till Feb 2013 , then appy I140 . Can i get extention based on pending I140 or need I140 approval for beyod 6 years extention

Can any help me in this regard...

If you apply H1B transfer now, you will get that approved till Feb 2013 i.e., end of your 6 years period of stay on H1B.

As you applied PERM in 6th year, in order to get H1B extension beyond 6 years you must have I-140 approval so that you will get H1B extension after Feb 2013. I don't think you need to worry as you already got PERM approval with new employer. So, all the thing is to do...first apply H1B transfer which you will get till Feb 2013. Then apply I-140 in premium processing which can get approved in 2 weeks so that you can get H1B extension after Feb 2013 based on I-140 approval.

Archived