H4-F1 221g in Toronto. Returned to U.S. Help Needed

sridhar.gogineni

Hi, my wife attended F1 interview in Toronto and was given a 221g. We waited for two weeks and returned to the US to attend school. After a month we receive the email from the consulate to submit the passport. We wrote back to consulate asking whether it is permissible to fly to Toronto and submit the passport. Here is the email.

Please advise whether or not we can go to Toronto now.

Consulate Reply:

"Your clearance is expiring on January X, 2013. It takes at least 2 weeks to process the visa. Therefore, submit your passport not later than beginning of December 2012.

Sincerely,

The Non-Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General, Toronto"

Our original email:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for the message. I'm still interested in getting the F1 Visa. However, I have a question. Your response is greatly appreciated.

I returned to the US because of personal reasons on August xx using my H4 visa. Is it permissable that I fly back to Toronto and personally submit the passport? Please let me know and I will plan accordingly. If it is possible to do that, also please let me know if there is a time limit by which I have to turn in the passport"

• 2 months later...

Hi, my wife attended F1 interview in Toronto and was given a 221g. We waited for two weeks and returned to the US to attend school. After a month we receive the email from the consulate to submit the passport. We wrote back to consulate asking whether it is permissible to fly to Toronto and submit the passport. Here is the email.

Please advise whether or not we can go to Toronto now.

Consulate Reply:

"Your clearance is expiring on January X, 2013. It takes at least 2 weeks to process the visa. Therefore, submit your passport not later than beginning of December 2012.

Sincerely,

The Non-Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General, Toronto"

Our original email:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for the message. I'm still interested in getting the F1 Visa. However, I have a question. Your response is greatly appreciated.

I returned to the US because of personal reasons on August xx using my H4 visa. Is it permissable that I fly back to Toronto and personally submit the passport? Please let me know and I will plan accordingly. If it is possible to do that, also please let me know if there is a time limit by which I have to turn in the passport"

Also, can you please share the reason for 221g?

Archived