Can I apply for L1 Ext though my H1 applied as CoS from another employer

punagani

Hi

Currently I am on L1B visa working with employer "A", and an employer "B" applied my H1 (Cos) and current status is "Initial Process".

1. Can I apply for L1 Extension now as Company A is asking me to submit the documents. If I apply for it will it cause any impacts on my current H1 application.?

2. I would like to send my dependents to home country before my H1 petition approved, If so can I bring them back without any issues? or Do I need to go back and bring them?

3. If L1 B applied from "A", I would like to continue with Employer "A" and don't want to join with employer "B" on H1 (if approves), Will it be a problem?

• 9 months later...

I would like to know what happened to your case as I am in a similar situation. Below is my case:

I am currently on L1 with Employer1. I have applied for H1B thru Employer2 and got a petition approved. Received an I94 which is active from Oct 1st. I have now applied for L1Ext thru Employer1. My L1B visa expired and I am on the receipt number received for L1B ext.

1. What are the potential issues I will face considering a specialized knowledge argument with one company and performing a specialty occupation with another company?
  2. Will applying for L1 B extension affect the H1B petition already approved by USCIS?
  3. If I get L1B ext approved will I be able to work beyond Oct 1st on L1B and change job whenever I find a job on H1B?

Please advice

Archived