H1B visa - travel issue - Mechanical to IT

suraparaju2012

Hello group - I have a H1B visa validly stamped with a company A until March 2014. I recently last week I lost my Job as my contract got ended with company A. They will cancel my H1 in about 2 weeks. Since it is the last quarter of the year - getting a new job now soon is always a risk. Also the big thing is I have my wedding coming up in the last week of October month. I need to travel to India for my wedding as I cannot postpone it any further.

Can I request my current company A to save my H1 and not revoke it saying that I will go on a vacation for two months ( until I return back to USA after my wedding )? Because when I say vacation - they dont have to run my payroll on my name.

I am into Mechanical Engineering field. Usually Mechanical engineering companies take nearly a month or two to hire for the job positions. If I try to convert to an IT consultant - when I apply for a H1 transfer there will definitely be a query - RFE since there is a conflict between mechanical engineering back ground and IT job.

How can I safely travel to India - get married and return to USA in this current situation? Please help me out and your advice is really appreciated.

Regards

Krish.

Archived