approved I-485 waiting for GC

Hi,

I received a welcome letter in April saying congratulations u are permanent resident of USA. Since I was not doing well health wise as I am pregnant, I quit my job where I was on H1. I have been following up with USCIS very frequently they said my GC is being printed. Today when I called they said they are waiting for new visa numbers to provide me a GC.

Does that mean I am out of status? I don't have H1 neither I am working on my EAD.

Kindly, help.

please consult a lawyer.

if you are waiting for a visa number, it means your I-485 is still pending. with pending I-485, you are AOS pending (not really a status) and you are allowed to work on EAD (but not required) and stay in the US legally.

consult a lawyer and ask help from your local congressman to inquire about your approved I-485 (if not pending).

Hi,

I received a welcome letter in April saying congratulations u are permanent resident of USA. Since I was not doing well health wise as I am pregnant, I quit my job where I was on H1. I have been following up with USCIS very frequently they said my GC is being printed. Today when I called they said they are waiting for new visa numbers to provide me a GC.

Does that mean I am out of status? I don't have H1 neither I am working on my EAD.

Kindly, help.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived