Concurrent H1b

h1b_indian_query

Hello all,

I am currently on a full time H1b with company A which is an internet retailer. I am being offered a part time H1b position with company B which is a hedge fund start up. Company A has no objections to me working part time with company B as there is no non compete agreement with B. Company B wishes to pay my salary partly in cash and partly in company B stock. B will also file part time H1b for me and also green card petition through EB2.

Is there anything wrong with the above arrangement with regards to immigration law? What are the things I need to watch out for?

Any help is much appreciated.

SS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I currently work on H1B (Have EAD pending for more than 180 daus - EB2 India PD Apr 2008). I am changing my job and my new employer wants to hire me on H1 (job descriptions are little dissimilar hence they don't want to take chance with "same-or-similar" clause). They might apply for EAD AC21 with the appropriate letters and documentation and meanewhile want me to join on H1.

My current employer needs my skills and wants me to continue part-time (10 hours/week). I'm fine with this arrangement.

I have read that we can work concurrently on 2 H1Bs -- fulltime and parttime. My new employer will file for full-time H1B based on my I140 approval (regular process with no mention of any concurrent employment).

What do my current employer needs to do? Does he has to file for an amendment to my existing H1B and change employment status from full-time to part-time and mark that it's a conccurent employment?

Please let me know if you see any potential pitfalls in this strategy?

Thanks in advance!

Archived