L1 Eligibility

rajat12

Hi,

I was working in US on a H1-B visa for an Indian IT service company from 2008 to 2011. I left the organization and returned back to India in 2011.

I am looking to join back my old organization. I understand that H1 cap has been reached and so company cannot apply H1 for me.

My question is: -

Can the company apply L1 for me immediately after joining (i.e. without waiting for me to complete 1 yr with the organization)?

I searched internet and found that to be eligible for L1 "applicants must have been employed for at least one year within the past three years prior to the submission".

I was employed with my old organization for a period of 2 years within the last 3 year period. So, does it make me eligible for L1 right away or do I have to still wait for 1 year before I can apply? Please advise.

Thanks,

Rajat

Hi,

I was working in US on a H1-B visa for an Indian IT service company from 2008 to 2011. I left the organization and returned back to India in 2011.

I am looking to join back my old organization. I understand that H1 cap has been reached and so company cannot apply H1 for me.

My question is: -

Can the company apply L1 for me immediately after joining (i.e. without waiting for me to complete 1 yr with the organization)?

I searched internet and found that to be eligible for L1 "applicants must have been employed for at least one year within the past three years prior to the submission".

I was employed with my old organization for a period of 2 years within the last 3 year period. So, does it make me eligible for L1 right away or do I have to still wait for 1 year before I can apply? Please advise.

You left out one important word of that line. L1 applicants must have been employed by the organization abroad for at least one year in the last three years.

• 1 month later...

To be eligible for L1 status, a person must be employed in a specialized knowledge or managerial/executive position ABROAD for at least 1 year.

Hello I've received my I797 petition approval from USCIS. I'm nervous about my upcoming interview in Mumbai consulate-India. Please guide me what questions they ask? What documents do I need to take?

Archived