H1B stamping in Germany

ghatturk

Friends,

I have few answers and questions.

Kind of answers

1. We can have business VISA to Germany with H1B expired. As I have got one.

2. The only thing to make sure is that we need to present a confirmed ticket to INDIA (Home country) when the end of business VISA validity date asked for. (Do present your I-797A at the consulate for the proof of stay in US)

3. They do give single entry to Schengen as the only exit they expect us to do is to US or to Home country. Entry back only with new stamping of Schengen.

Questions

4. I will be travelling to Germany on Business visit

5. When I filled DS-160, I have chosen Frankfurt as the embassy for US VISA stamping.

6. When I reached step 4, it shows that we can check the waiting times in Berlin, Frankfurt and Munich before deciding our place of stamping visit. Here Munich is the lowest with 10 calendar days and other two to 22 calendar days.

7. I looked through the FAQ for VISAs and it shows that we can choose any of the three places, though choosen one of them in DS-160.

8. Do you suggest me to choose Munich for stamping or Frankfurt?

Thank you in advance

Anandan

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dear Janardhan and Anandan:

I am in the same situation. I have an expired H1B stamp, a valid 1-797 approval, and I am planning to visit Germany on business. I also applied for H1B stamping appointment in Munich. Can I get Schengen Visa with expired H1B stamp, but with valid I-797 approval and proof of H1B visa appointment in the US consulate in Munich?

I would greatly appreciate your reply.

Thank you.

• 2 years later...

Friends,

Sorry for late response.

Hope the information still helps.

I was in Germany and I got the stamping done in 2013. Though the response from Embassy was slow, the VISA got stamped.

As per the information from the Embassy, any citizen can have VISA stamped anywhere in the world if we are eligible to stay in the place (country with valid address) until we have the stamping done.

Great Time,

Anandan

• 1 year later...

Dear Janardhan and Anandan:

I am in the same situation. I have an expired H1B stamp, a valid 1-797 approval, and I am planning to visit Germany on business. I also applied for H1B stamping appointment in Munich. Can I get Schengen Visa with expired H1B stamp, but with valid I-797 approval and proof of H1B visa appointment in the US consulate in Munich?

I would greatly appreciate your reply.

Thank you.

Did you end up attending for visa stamping in Germany?

Archived