passport to send out of country

srhyd

Joe: Can you provide a best solution for this ?

If I go to India, I may loose job and not possible to come back here with the current situations. Also the canada Visa offices are taking more than 3 to 6 months to send the passport back. In that situtation I can't come back here soon. And there is no guarantee that they will issue canada PR VISA. If something goes wrong with canada visa, I will loose both oppurtunities.

So I m looking if there is any legal process (like sending through embassy...etc.,) to send passports in courier. I m planning to move to canada after 2 yrs.

I m in US on temporary work visa, and applied for canada PR, need to send passports to New delhi visa office, India. How can I send my passports to New Delhi Visa office while I'm in US ? Is it legal ? Is there any alternate ways for this ?

experts - Please advise

No, there is absolutely no way of sending your India passport out of the country. Imagine, if something happens to your India passport or Canadian embassy asks you to meet in person or some emergency, you won't be able to return back to India. Remember, to enter back in India, you need Indian passport.

Forget about shipping india passport.

I m in US on temporary work visa, and applied for canada PR, need to send passports to New delhi visa office, India. How can I send my passports to New Delhi Visa office while I'm in US ? Is it legal ? Is there any alternate ways for this ?

experts - Please advise

Think about it: the purpose of the visa is for enabling you to enter the country. Why would you be able to send only the passport out of the country, get a visa stamp, and send the passport back into the country? This is the reason why it's illegal to be in a different country than your passport.

You may want to check with the Canadian consulate in Delhi whether your passport can be verified and the details provided through a Canadian consulate in the US. Canada in the past used to issue landing papers for PR/immigration which contained a lot of personal details and all passport information is required but the passport did not get stamped before landing in Canada. The process may have changed.

Archived