6 years near completion, need to change job

visa_troubled

Original H1B started Oct 1, 2006.

I used to be in company A; they had filed for PERM but it never got approved for 1.5+ years. I then changed jobs, and joined company B. Company B when they applied for H1B transfer, applied on the basis that PERM has been applied by company A and therefore got a valid H1B granted until Sept 2013. [6 years end at Sept 2012, but because PERM was applied, they got extension until Sept 2013].

Now I am in company B and original 6 years are nearing expiration. BUT, the H1B visa stamped on my passport (for employer B) is valid until Sept 2013. Company B has not applied for PERM yet, and I dont know status of company A's PERM application (whether it was approved, or it is still pending).

My question is, when I transfer my H1B from Company B to Company C; what duration of valid H1B will I get? Since the H1B stamped on my passport (for employer B) is valid until SEpt 2013, can I continue to work with employer C until that date?

Can the PERM applied by Company A be used by Company C to seek extension?

If I recapture the time traveled outside the US, then I can get 6 months. But if Labor and I-140 are not approved and I need to leave the country, then what are the ways I can come back to the country and continue gainful employment? (Business visa?)

Thanks very much!!!

• 2 months later...

Archived