Successful Visa Stamping in Mumbai

h1b_US_A

I had an appointment at the Mumbai Consulate last week. This was my fourth H1B Stamping from the same conulate and same employer. My work model is EVC

So I got to the consulate at 8:30AM. My appointment was at 9 o Clock. Must say that I did not like the setup at the new BKC consulate. It was over crowded and took me almost 3 1/2 hrs till I came out. Also there is no locker facility so please do not carry any cell phones, keys, pagers else you will have to go and give to some random guys outside for a fee to watch your stuff.

So once Verification of documents (I797, Interview Letter), Finger Printing was done I sat and waited for my turn.

Majority of people were getting approved. Although I am not sure what category visa they were applying for.

After waiting for almost 2 1/2 hrs my token# started flashing on the screen. I stood in the line infront of the Counter.

The guy infront of me was approved. I walk to the counter, set my package and hand over the passport and I797 to the VO.

VO: Who is your employer

Me: XXXXXXXXx

VO:How long have you been working for them

ME: Over 5 years

VO:Who is your client?

ME:XXXX

VO: Can I see your LCA?

ME:Gave the LCA

VO: Can I see the Client Letter?

ME: Gave the Client Letter

VO:Can I see your W2?

ME:Gave her last last 4 years W2

VO:How come your pay is more than what's mentioned in LCA?

ME: I worked overtime and got bonus.

VO: Do you have a bachelors degree or masters

ME: Both (I have a bachelors and masters from US Universities)

She looked at her screen for atleast couple of minutes.

VO: Are you married?

ME: No

After looking at the screen for a minute she said your visa is approved and you can collect it in 3-4 days.

So please don't get discouraged from going to India for stamping if you are legit and have all the documents. There are a lot of people on this forum who are saying that 221G is guranteed in India if you are on EVC model. This is not true. Most of the people who get visas either don't follow this forum or don't post their experiences.

So please be confident, have all the documentation and god willing everything will be fine.

Archived