Staffing company H1B Employment Contract & consumer fraud

trivedispt

Hi,

I need your guidance on consumer fraud. Is it applicable to staffing companies who does fraud with their H1B employees?

Staffing Company A registered in NJ had filed for my H1B visa in Mar 2007 and after the application got select I got visa stamped in Oct 2007. I came to USA in Jan 2008. In Mar 2007 I had signed offer letter with salary $60,000 and benefits with Company A. After I landed in Jan 2008, Company A kept me on bench with no salary till Aug 2008. When I got my first project with Company A in Aug 2008 they asked me to sign another contact with wages $20/hr or $40,000 per year salary. I worked with them till Sept 2010 and left the company.

Can I file a lawsuit to company A for consumer fraud and get the salary for the months Jan 2007 to Aug 2007?

Can Company A be fined for 3 times the amount I am asking them under consumer fraud?

Thanks,

Shaunak.

Why have you been waiting for so long?

Why didn't you file a complaint with DOL???

And btw, this is not "consumer fraud." You weren't a consumer.

You seem to have some rather weird misconceptions. It seems that you read something, and all of a sudden got greedy.

If you really had cared, you would have filed a complaint with DOL long ago.

Why have you been waiting for so long?

Why didn't you file a complaint with DOL???

2007, now its 2012 that's 5 yrs, so by now the OP had got his GC and now he wants to take action agianst his old friend.

That's the reason by the employers continue cheating their employees bcos they won't react immediately as they are afraid of their status.

Archived