H1 Starting date November 1

H-won

Generally, an individual may depart the U.S. in one status and apply for a new H1B visa at a U.S. consulate abroad prior to the H1B start date. The visa may be issued with a start date up to 10 days prior to the start date on the H1B approval notice. The individual may not enter more than 10 days before the H1B start date and may not begin work until the H1B start date. Generally, the applicant must apply for the visa at a U.S. consulate in his/her home country.

Thanks for the Reply Attorney,

This is my scenario:

---------------------------

I have done my Masters in USA,right now i am working as a full time employee to end client. The Client itself sponsored me H1B. my extended OPT expires in February 2013. My H1B start date is November 1st, I am planning to go to stampin in vancouver in October 2013 i.e before start date.

If i get stamped when can I re-enter into USA? if not how to proceed ?

Also,

One of my friend suggested me,it is better to have two paystubs on H1B in hand while going to stamping, Inorder to have two paystubs before going to stamping, i should go to stamping in the last weeek of november 2012 or 1st week of december. I had paystubs with me on OPT status,Let me know is this is mandatory to have two paystubs on H1B,?

Thanks again

Archived