H1 Amendment - Travel to India

apulmi

Hi

I have H1B visa which was filed for client A and location X and then it was transferred to client B and location Y in Dec - 2010. I traveled to US after the transfer was done. I have also traveled once to and fro India in Dec2011.

Yesterday i received an email from my employer that as per USCIS regulation, the transfer memo is no more valid and i should apply for an H1 Amendment. On further enquiry i was told that the Approved Transfer memo was suppose to be sent to USCIS which the company was not doing previously. Even though I have an approved LCA for client B and location Y till Dec2013, and my Petetion is valid till Sep2013, I was told i have to apply for a fresh LCA.

I have a trip planned to India on 12Sep2012 and I will be returning on 20Sep2012, I was told by my employer that as I have a valid visa till Sep-2013, I can travel without any issues. Once I come back i can apply for an Amendment. I still wanted to get a second opinion on this. Can someone please confirm that there will not be any issues at the port of entry. An early response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Archived