I-94 expired and filed Nunc Pro Tunc

mxr38728

Hi,

My I-94 expired in June 2012 so does my old passport, however I have i-797 and Visa till 26-oct-2012. I was not aware that my I-94 expired untill two weeks back. I went twice to CBP san francisco andrequested the immigration officer to extend my I-94. He clearly stated that they will correct only the mistakes made by immigration office at POE. In my case since it iwas NOT an error, he stated that he couldn't help.

My lawyer applied h1b peition with Nunc Pro Tunc(NTP) under premium processign yesterday and waiting for a response from USCIS. I do want to know if any in the same boat and applied NTP and would like to know their result. I am really in stressed situation.

Please help me guys!

Thanks,

mxr38728

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My I-94 expired in June 2012 so does my old passport, however I have i-797 and Visa till 26-oct-2012. I was not aware that my I-94 expired untill two weeks back. I went twice to CBP san francisco andrequested the immigration officer to extend my I-94. He clearly stated that they will correct only the mistakes made by immigration office at POE. In my case since it iwas NOT an error, he stated that he couldn't help.

My lawyer applied h1b peition with Nunc Pro Tunc(NTP) under premium processign yesterday and waiting for a response from USCIS. I do want to know if any in the same boat and applied NTP and would like to know their result. I am really in stressed situation.

Please help me guys!

Thanks,

mxr38728

Hi Mcr38728 - Did you got your approval? Can you please let us know your status on your application...

Hi Mcr38728 - Did you got your approval? Can you please let us know your status on your application...

Hi,

I am very pleased to Inform that my I-129 petition was approved and today I receive I-797 with I-94 dates on it, however they did not give the I-94 from the date when it was perviously expired. Now I have 128 gaps between the old I-94 expiry and new I-94 start date.For now I am really happy since I don't need to go out of country and I can start work again.

Nunc Pro Tunc works!!!

Hi,

I am very pleased to Inform that my I-129 petition was approved and today I receive I-797 with I-94 dates on it, however they did not give the I-94 from the date when it was perviously expired. Now I have 128 gaps between the old I-94 expiry and new I-94 start date.For now I am really happy since I don't need to go out of country and I can start work again.

Nunc Pro Tunc works!!!

Thanks for posting ..

I am also in the same situation. I have applied for nunc pro tunc in PP.

Waiting for my status...

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi All,

I came t united states on f1 and Graduated in 2010. After that iwas on opt until dec 21 2012. So in 2012 my emplyer applied for my H1b and got it approved but the change of status from f1 to h1b was denied. I was not informed about it until i fgured out by self on sep 10 2013. They applied fr non pro tunc. My application was sent to uscis on sep 12 2013 and today is sep 23 2013. Basically i was out o status for 11 months. It was a mistake of my attorney and my employer for not informing me. I am really tensed for the past 2 weeks and i have a 3 month old baby born in united states. Generally how long d they take to reply for non pro tunc, i filed it under premium processing. My attorney sent out the application on sep 11. please let me know if any body have the same experience as mine...Help is really appreciated...

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone.

I am in the similar situation. I made H1 B transfer in April 2013 and got I-94 and I-797 till Aug 2015. I went to india and came back on May 18th 2013. At the immigration ,the officer didnt ask for my new I-797 and gave I-94 till Oct 2013 as per my Visa and Old compnay I-797. I have realized recently that my I -94 expired and now planning to file for Nunn Pro Tunc in Premium. I am out of status from OCt till now and have stopped working.

Really stressed out and tensed

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Vijay

Hi All

I am glad to report that , I was able to get my I-94 issue fixed visting the CBP office. Resding thevforums really helped in boosting my confidence to go try it out . Any issue with I-94 , I would suggest you first visit the nearest CBP office and if you are lucky on that day and the officer is willing to listen to you. Your issue will be resolved.

Thanks

Vijay

• 6 months later...

My I-94 expired with my passport and it's been 5 months now. But my H1B petition and the stamped visa on my old passport is valid until December 2014. I obviously renewed my passport. My lawyer filed for a nunc pro tunc H1B extension this week.

I want to know what's the general success rate in getting the extension. And also of I don't get an extension and if I have to go to india to get a new visa stamping will there be any issues?

On what grounds will a NPT H1B extension get an RFE and eventually be denied?

• 3 weeks later...

My I-94 expired with my passport and it's been 5 months now. But my H1B petition and the stamped visa on my old passport is valid until December 2014. I obviously renewed my passport. My lawyer filed for a nunc pro tunc H1B extension this week.

I want to know what's the general success rate in getting the extension. And also of I don't get an extension and if I have to go to india to get a new visa stamping will there be any issues?

On what grounds will a NPT H1B extension get an RFE and eventually be denied?

Any update on your situation? Did they approve your H1B and backdate your I-94? Response is much appreciated. Thx.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived