L1 A to GC Eligibility

keyrunk

Hi Experts,

I currently hold a L1A visa for couple of years now. I want to apply for GC. I need clarification on the below questions.

1) I was told that If I hold my L1A for more than a year and half, I am eligible to apply for GC, is that correct?

2) I have been travelling in and out of US quite often, with stay in US around couple of months only per visit. Will my intermittent stay effect the eligibility or Is there any particular length of time that I have to stay in US to be eligible for GC?

Can you please point to any document which exclusively throws some light on employee's eligibility on GC thru L1A

Thanks

Kiran K

It appears you have been misinformed. Being in L1A status for any length of time does not necessarily make you eligible for a green card. In fact, being in L1A status (intermittently or otherwise) generally has zero impact on your eligibility for a green card.

If you are interested in applying for a green card as a multinational executive/manager, the main concerns are whether you (a) worked for the related company abroad as a manager or executive for at least 1 year in the 3 years before being admitted to the U.S. in L1 status; and (b) whether you will be working as a manager or executive in the U.S.

You may wish to schedule a consult with an experienced attorney who can review your work and immigration history and advise you on how best to proceed.

Archived