h1b to h4 visa

Soni_Now

Hi,

I got married in 2008 and got my h4 immediately and went to USA. Got my h1b approved through a desi consultant in Oct 2009.I got project on May 2010 so from Oct 2009 to May 2009 I couldnt get a project that is for 7 months i couldnt get project. From May 2010 to May 2011 i was on a project. My concern is my 7 months of not getting project and also i came to india this may 2011 on personal reasons.

I am not intrested to work anymore so I am planning to appear an interview for h4 visa.

My previous issued h4 visa is expired on June 2011, the same h4 visa which was issued on 2008.

My current h1b visa is valid till sept 2011 but i dont wish to work and morever i dont have recent paystubs.

Also my husband has got h1b and all his documents which is needed for showing at the time of interview and also our marriage certificate.

My questions are :

1. What are my options to get h4 visa?

2. Since I dont have recent paystubs and W2 for year 2009 will it be an issue ?

3. Which consulate location is better since i leave in mumbai and mumbai is not processing H and L visas,I will have to visit delhi, hyderabad, chennai or calcutta.

4. Also I have all the neccesary dcuments like marriage cetificate, marriage photos, my husband's employment letter, his paystubs, his w2 and my resignation letter.

5. Also my h1b is still active. Is it necessary to deactivate h1b before my interview for h4

6. What questions is expected during interview for h4 visa.

Thanks for precious help. I am in lot of tension so please do help me with your valuable tips

Archived