H1 extension beyond 6 years on a denied PERM-Urgent

I have completed my 6 years in H1B as on feb 25 2012. I had applied for GC on Apr 2011 but the PERM was denied and an appeal has been made on that.I had 4 months out of conutry time. Meanwhile I requested for extension for the vacation months that I was out of country but I was granted a 3 year extension until 2015. I travelled back to india and got it stamped as well. Can someone advise what next steps are for me?

Am I ok to continue on this VISA for 3 years and wait for a decision on the denied PERM?Also can I switch employers using this extension and what is the likelyhood of getting the same term with new employer as well.

Please guide as this is vey urgent for me.

Thanks,

karthik.

I have completed my 6 years in H1B as on feb 25 2012. I had applied for GC on Apr 2011 but the PERM was denied and an appeal has been made on that.I had 4 months out of conutry time. Meanwhile I requested for extension for the vacation months that I was out of country but I was granted a 3 year extension until 2015. I travelled back to india and got it stamped as well. Can someone advise what next steps are for me?

Next step for what? you just have to wait till your perm decision is made.

Am I ok to continue on this VISA for 3 years and wait for a decision on the denied PERM?

Yes

Also can I switch employers using this extension

Yes, you can change employer. But in mind that you will have to start the process again with the new employer by 2014 (1 year before the expiration)

and what is the likelyhood of getting the same term with new employer as well.

Please guide as this is vey urgent for me.

Thanks,

karthik.

Archived