F1 to H1B - Delhi Consulate - No Slip Issued - Passport Returned

dell2012

Hi All,

I appeared for my visa interview at delhi consulate today i.e. 21st Aug 2012. I did my MS in Comp Sc from USA in 2009, was hired by my employer in 2010 as an Intern and then offered full time Employment soon after. Since then I have been working in the same team. My I797 is issued for the time period Nov 1, 2010 - Oct 31, 2013.

The visa officer asked me which company do i work for, where is it located and do i work for it directly or is there any client. I answered.

Then he asked how did you apply to this company. I said through website for Intern position, and then later they hired me. I explained him I was studying in same city.

He then pointed to his computer screen and talked to one of his fellow worked and asked him something. That guy explained him the details and I don't know what they talked. Then he told me that Miss you can keep all your documents and passport and the consulate needs to get more information from the USCIS and that they will get back to me. He did not issue he any slips or tracking numbers etc.

I am confused and shocked right now and don't really know what exactly went wrong. Can someone please help me out and tell me what I need to do. My case is unlike any other which I have read about online in other posted forum topics. I do not have any issues or client or vendor, VO did not keep any docs or Passport for inquiry, no slips, no tracking numbers. I am not sure what to think at this point.

Please, I need some help and guidance here!

Thanks All!

Hi,

Have rarely seen this happening with FT employees. Is your employer a small company, do they have more H1b candidates, has anyone ever faced such a situation.

You might want to get in touch with the other colleagues at your work site and check their experiences and also speak with your company's attorney.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

dell2012,

I had been to mumbai for reinterview with all latest documents along with reaffirmed petition as i rec'd email from consulate to attend for interview with passport , pending letter & other documents related to visa application

VO asked me around 7 to 8 questions which i answered

VO returned my passport back & he didn't take any documents

VO didn't give me any kind of memorandum nor any 221g

At the end VO said he needs around 1 to 2 weeks to verify my case & then the consulate will contact me

I contacted my employer to check whether consulate had called up for my verification but so far nobody had contacted them

I m confused & worried as it is more than 4 weeks

I keep on contacting VFS but they said it is under admin processing ??

Still waiting

What will be the outcome ?

I m 2 worried

dell2012,

I had been to mumbai for reinterview with all latest documents along with reaffirmed petition as i rec'd email from consulate to attend for interview with passport , pending letter & other documents related to visa application

VO asked me around 7 to 8 questions which i answered

VO returned my passport back & he didn't take any documents

VO didn't give me any kind of memorandum nor any 221g

At the end VO said he needs around 1 to 2 weeks to verify my case & then the consulate will contact me

I contacted my employer to check whether consulate had called up for my verification but so far nobody had contacted them

I m confused & worried as it is more than 4 weeks

I keep on contacting VFS but they said it is under admin processing ??

Still waiting

What will be the outcome ?

I m 2 worried

Hi Vivek,

I'm sorry to hear that. its been more than 60 days for me and the embassy has not contacted me for anything. Its really confusing because you cannot even track your case. Did he give you any case number to follow?? Check your Interview confirmation letter...do you see any number written there of the format 2012xxx-xxx-x.

Archived