Need some clarification

pvadz

In one of the web site i have seen that their will be a delay of the i-129 processors

Below are the details I have seen.

i need some clarification.

well this news is for 2012 applicants who are already applied in between April and May or

for the people who are going to apply for 2013 quota.

can you please clarify me .

USCIS H1B News : Delay in H1B Visa 2013 Receipt Notices Dispatch

146 comments

Typically, USCIS dispatches all of the H1B receipt notices to employers around 10 to 15 days (within 30 days), but unfortunately, there has been a delay this year. Some of you, who have filed for H1B Visa for fiscal year 2013 quota may be waiting for the H1B visa application receipt notices.

When you apply for H1B visa, you would submit I-129 forms. USCIS would go through all the received I-129 forms and maybe go through some of the few H1B visa processing steps and dispatch receipt notices to the employers. Due to very high volume of I-129 based petitions, USCIS did a press release ( alert) today that employers can expect a delay in I-129 receipt notices. In fact, I-129 forms are not just used for H1B visa petitions, but a variety of Visa petitions for Nonimmigrant workers like Blanket L, E-Treaty, H1B extension, H1B -COS, L-Intracompany transfers, etc…As H1B visa petitions are also part of the I-129 forms receipts, it applies to H1B visa receipt notices.

Summary of USCIS Press release ( Alert)

• USCIS expects about 2 to 4 week delay in dispatch of the receipt notices. It means that USCIS can take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks to dispatch H1B receipt notices.
  • Employers who do not receive I-129 receipt notices within 60 days must contact the respective USCIS Service center via email as listed below.

• California Service Center: csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov
      • Vermont Service Center: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov
      • Nebraska Service Center: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov
      • Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

Archived