Questions - 7th year extension and starting GC

vinoth1234

Hi All,

My h1b visa is expiring on sep 2013 and I am in my first extension and haven't started my GC process yet. I have approx 10 months of unused months in my 6 years period (came to US 8 mnths after approval date and 2 mnths in vacation). I am planning to do a visa transfer and start the GC process. I have following questions

- Will I be able to get the unused 10 months during visa transfer or Can I apply for an extension to get tht months if I decide to do stay with my current employer and start GC through them.

- Assuming I got that 10 months, If I start the GC process by Jan 2013 after transferring Visa (premium), Will that give me enough time to get my i140 approved and apply for 7th yr extension before Jul 2014.

- I am married and at what stage of GC I need to include my wife in to the process and assuming until that time I need to apply for her h4 extension.

-I have a 4 yrs bachelors degree from India with 2 yrs experience in India and 4 yrs in US - Am I eligible for eb2?

Thanks in advance

Vinoth

• 1 month later...

Hope this info helps you.

- Will I be able to get the unused 10 months during visa transfer or Can I apply for an extension to get tht months if I decide to do stay with my current employer and start GC through them.

Yes, when you apply for H1B transfer to another employer then you will get the leftover period from actual 6 years of H1B period.

- Assuming I got that 10 months, If I start the GC process by Jan 2013 after transferring Visa (premium), Will that give me enough time to get my i140 approved and apply for 7th yr extension before Jul 2014.

Certainly, if your new employer files PERM by end of Jan'2013 there are good enough of chances to get 7th year of extension i.e., if your PERM is in pending for an year you will get 7th year extension else luckily if you get PERM and I-140 approval before July'2014 you will get H1B extension.

- I am married and at what stage of GC I need to include my wife in to the process and assuming until that time I need to apply for her h4 extension.

Your dependent info is needed during I-485 filing stage.

-I have a 4 yrs bachelors degree from India with 2 yrs experience in India and 4 yrs in US - Am I eligible for eb2?

EB2 or EB3 depends on the requirement your employer posts and selects your profile during PWD and PERM process.

Hope this info helps you.

Yes, when you apply for H1B transfer to another employer then you will get the leftover period from actual 6 years of H1B period.

Certainly, if your new employer files PERM by end of Jan'2013 there are good enough of chances to get 7th year of extension i.e., if your PERM is in pending for an year you will get 7th year extension else luckily if you get PERM and I-140 approval before July'2014 you will get H1B extension.

Your dependent info is needed during I-485 filing stage.

EB2 or EB3 depends on the requirement your employer posts and selects your profile during PWD and PERM process.

Archived