Why did did I get 7th year extension on H1-B?

I came to US on H1-B in Jan 2006 and worked until June 2009. i;e 3.5 years

(during this I filed labor with company A, but in then changed my employer to company B in 1 month time after filing labor

Filed again labor with company "C" as future employer. I-140 got RFE for unable to pay(tax returns of employer showed losses). Employer never responded to RFE and I-140 was declined in 2010)

Meanwhile I had moved to F1 in US and completed my MS and then worked on OPT for 1 year until aug 2011.I never moved out of country other than my annual vacations.

Then again I moved back to H1-B in Aug 2011 and got my H1-B until April 2014 which was remaining 2.5 years.

So, according to me, I do not have any approved I-140. But in May 2012 when I changed employer my new H1-B came with validation for may 2015( which is 1year 1 month more after the 6 year expiry date)

Why did I get this more than 6 year extension?

Did my 6 year clock get reset when I moved to F1 and OPT?( I didn't think it get reset unless I move out of country for an year)

Is this a mistake? should I/my lawyer report this to USCIS?

I have to talk to my company lawyer on this, but I wanted to post here and see if we have any expert comments :)

Thank you for your inputs

Abhi

Archived