Is an amendment needed?

ahem

Hi All - I am going to India for stamping...I am working with the same employer and same client since 1.5 years. The client is still the same..I am still in the same city just one block away from the location that is on the petition. (again - it is the same client but a different building of the same client.) do I need to file an amendment.. will this create problems for my visa interview now when I go..Or should I cancel it, get H1 amended and then go to India? how do they verify if I working in that location or not?

I am too nervous :(

Generally, an amended H1B petition is required whenever there is a material change to the terms and conditions of the H1B petition. The USCIS is starting to consider a change in work location to be a material change if a new LCA was required. In certain situations a new LCA is not required if the change in work location is within the same Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) as the location listed on the LCA and the proper posting notification takes place at the new location prior to beginning work. Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts relating to your case and to determine whether an amended petition is required in your situation.

Archived