Seniors Pls Help. ( Procedure For revoking H1B status )

shital100

Hi,

I want to know what is the procedure for canceling my H1B status.

My Story -

I got H1B approval from Company A. I worked there for few months and than went to Canada for H1B visa stamping on the passport. Here they issued me 221-g blue form saying my h1b is in pending case and I can not go back to USA until I hear from there regarding there decision. Now, It's almost a year since this thing happened to me. During this 1 year I got Canadian PR, so basically currently I am in Canada on PR.

Now I want to go to USA to visit my relatives for family function. So I want to get the visitor visa for USA to attend the family function.

My Question 1 :

Should I go for interview to get the Visitor visa for USA even though I have pending h1b visa case with USCIS ????

Will that ( pending h1b case ) be issue for them to not to issue visitor visa or I am not eligible for to apply for new type of visa ( visitors ) as I have already have pending H1B visa with them?

Please help me. I am really confused. I already took an appointment for visitor visa interview, already paid visa fees and now confused with what should I do? Go for the Interview or cancel the appointment.

Question - 2

What is the procedure for revoking my pending H1B case as I settled in Canada. I know this should be done by Employer. But my employer does not know how to cancel the H1B. So can anyone pls let me know what should my employer need to do to revoke my pending H1B file? Where and how he has to send the letter and how much is the fees for it?

Pls HELP>>>>

Archived